Amber M. Carson represents clients in civil litigation and all facets of bankruptcy, out-of-court restructurings, multi-jurisdictional insolvencies, creditors’ rights, and federal bankruptcy-related litigation matters.
Amber received her B.B.A from the University of Massachusetts in 2009 and her J.D. in 2012 from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. While in law school, she participated in the Hon. Conrad B. Duberstein Moot Court Competition, the National Moot Court Competition, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, and the Hon. John C. Ford American Inn of Court. Amber also externed for the Honorable Stacey G. C. Jernigan, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Texas and the Honorable Kerry P. FitzGerald, Justice on the Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining Gray Reed, Amber served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Harlin D. Hale, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Texas.
Recent experience includes representing Chapter 11 debtors, official committees of unsecured creditors, bankruptcy trustees, and creditors in complex bankruptcy cases throughout the country in the real estate, construction, service, and energy industries.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Board member for the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation’s DFW Chapter
- Committee co-chair for the DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Member of the Dallas Bar Association
- Member of the Bankruptcy Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Business Division Liaison for the Young Lawyers Committee of the Bankruptcy Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers’ 2017 Leadership Class
- Associate member of the Hon. John C. Ford American Inn of Court
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association
Community Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center
- North Texas Chapter of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Junior League of Dallas