Angela Laughlin Brown
1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600
Dallas, TX 75201
Angela focuses her practice on white collar criminal and regulatory matters. She has represented numerous corporate and individual clients in high stakes litigation before federal courts, the SEC and other regulators. She represents the firm’s healthcare clients in connection with individuals and corporations accused of healthcare fraud, and has defended healthcare clients under investigation by the Department of Justice and the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Prior to joining Gray Reed, Angela was a Professor of Law at Texas Tech University School of Law and focused her teaching and scholarship on matters of federal civil procedure and evidence.
Angela earned her J.D. from Northeastern University School of Law and holds a B.A. from the University of Virginia.
- Successfully represented employee accused of violating a covenant not to compete and recovered damages from the employer for breach of employment contract.
- Counseled clients in a range of employment matters including compliance with covenants not to compete, non-solicitations agreements and TWC claims.
- Mahon Research Fellow, 2008-2009
- Frank W. Newton Service Award, Board of Barristers 2006
- Texas Tech Alumni Association New Faculty Award 2006
- Phi Alpha Delta Outstanding Teaching Award 2004-2005
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Faculty, National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- State Bar of Texas
- Virginia State Bar
- Federal Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- Collin County Teen Court
- Attorneys Serving the Community
- Habitat for Humanity