Ashlee D. Amy
1300 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056
Ashlee Amy is a staff attorney at Gray Reed and focuses her practice on energy law. Prior to joining Gray Reed, she worked extensively within the energy industry as lead attorney handling oil and gas leases, title review, and various upstream contractual matters.
Ashlee also has commercial real estate experience, including providing due diligence services to clients during the acquisition and development of a variety of types of improved and unimproved real property.
Ashlee earned her J.D. from South Texas College of Law and attended Texas A&M University for her undergraduate education.
- Advised one of the largest private mineral fee and royalty companies in the United States regarding areas of potential risk in business processes.
- Represented a long-term client in matters ranging from acquisition and disposition to development and leasing of a number of sites across the United States, including developed and undeveloped acreage in Texas.
- Represented various clients in the energy industry through examination of documentation and preparation of title opinions, including determination of ownership involving intestacy heirship of mineral interests.
- Drafted and negotiated service agreements and contracts, deeds, and right of way agreements.
- Advised the contracts department of a public multinational chemical company on best business practices and processes.
- Represented out-of-state investors in the purchase and development of property within Texas.
- Prepared real estate documents and closed over $625 MM in transactions.
- Mediation, Frank Evans Center for Conflict Resolution, South Texas College of Law
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Sections
- Houston Bar Association
- Aggie Bar Association