1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600
Dallas, TX 75201
In a career spanning more than 30 years, Charles has successfully resolved a wide variety of commercial disputes by utilizing his skills in litigation, arbitration and negotiation. His expertise includes cases involving oil and gas, health care, business torts, noncompetition agreements and theft of trade secrets, contracts, injunctions, employment discrimination and Election Code disputes. He has distinguished himself among his peers for his work ethic and his unyielding attention to the needs of each client. He is the author and editor of Energy & The Law.
- Representation of oil and gas producers in disputes involving royalty payments, lease maintenance, oil field operations, natural gas contracts, gas plant accounting, pooling and unitization issues, operating agreements, and land and lease titles.
- Representation of mineral and royalty owners in lease negotiations and disputes such as lease termination and royalty payment obligations.
- Representation of citizens, candidates, and political parties in disputes involving election procedures, city charter requirements, and election code violations.
- Prosecution and defense of commercial disputes such as breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, corporate governance, fraud, and debt collection in state and federal courts and before arbitration panels.
- Arbitration and litigation of healthcare contract suits involving dissolution of medical practices and disputes between providers and payers involving claims processing, reimbursements, utilization review, coverage and regulatory issues.
- Arbitration and litigation of employment related disputes such as theft of trade secrets and breach of non-competition agreements, and employment discrimination.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas (Litigation; Oil, Gas & Energy Resources; Health Care sections)
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association (Board of Directors, 2000 – 2002; Committee Chair: Media Relations, Judiciary and Courthouse Committees and Energy Law Section)
- American Arbitration Association commercial arbitration panel
- Texas Independent Producers and Royalties Owners Association (TIPRO), Member
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- Saint Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church, senior warden, vestry, rector search committee
- Dallas County Republican Party, General Counsel (1994 – 2008)
- Leadership Dallas
- Selected as a Best Lawyer in Dallas by D Magazine (2017)
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Woodward/White, Inc.'s The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Commercial Litigation and Energy Law (2008 – 2018)
- Selected as a Best Lawyer by Woodward & White, Inc.'s Best Lawyers in America (2008 – 2015)
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine (2005 – 2017)
- Named a Top Author in JD Supra's Reader's Choice Awards (2017-2018)
- AV Preeminent® rated (the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating designation)
- Omicron Delta Kappa