Clint C. Brown
1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600
Dallas, TX 75201
Clients from all walks of life trust Clint Brown to guide them through complex, highly emotional family disputes throughout Texas. Whether he’s helping parents reach a fair outcome in a divorce and custody battle or aggressively protecting a Fortune 500 executive with assets all over the world, Clint brings the same energy and compassion to every dispute. He has deep litigation and collaborative law experience in every type of controversy that impacts his clients’ lives, including divorce, child custody, modifications, SAPCR suits, amicus and ad litem appointments, paternity suits and grandparent access suits.
In addition to his litigation and collaborative law practice, Clint prepares agreements and handles proceedings associated with family relationships, including premarital and marital agreements, same-sex cohabitation agreements, surrogate parenting arrangements and child adoptions. In disputes involving sophisticated assets, Clint provides a diverse skill set ranging from complex property tracing and asset valuation to asset characterization and reimbursement claims assessment.
When a case calls for hardcore litigation, Clint becomes his client’s voice in the courtroom, championing their position and advocating relentlessly to protect children and property. In other situations, a case may call for a solution crafted outside of the courthouse, a solution custom-tailored by the parents and the unique facts of the case. In these instances, Clint explores unconventional solutions that provide avenues for creativity, minimization of conflict and promotion of long-term civility between parents. Regardless of which approach a case may take, Clint encourages clients to compartmentalize their concerns and focus on what matters most – protecting their family relationships and transitioning smoothly to the next chapter of their lives.
Clint has earned a strong reputation as an optimistic advocate who understands that family disputes can be traumatic, and reaching the right legal outcome only solves part of the problem. Where Clint really makes a difference is by helping clients become comfortable with change and cope with overwhelming negativity. Clint realizes that many concerns in family law arise after “traditional” business hours and on weekends, and he makes himself available during those times for clients who have an emergency or urgent need. Finally, Clint ensures that each client has access to professional emotional support and financial guidance, whether it involves connecting them with a family counselor or referring a financial advisor who can set them on the right path.
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization - Family Law Board Certification.
- Appeared in over 100 contested hearings, mediations, or trials
- Completed over 60 collaborative law divorce matters
- Represented a Fortune 500 executive in a divorce proceeding that included complex property division, characterization, and division of a significant estate
- Represented the spouse of a Fortune 500 executive in a collaborative law proceeding that involved complex assets and child custody issues turning on allegations of substance abuse
- Represented the wife of a physician in a divorce with both property and custody issues, and in which the valuation of a medical practice and several other medical entities were involved
- Represented a physician in a divorce that involved the valuation of a dental practice and numerous other related entities
- Represented a Fortune 500 executive in a divorce and successfully obtained primary custody of a three-year-old child for the father
- Represented numerous lawyers divorcing by collaborative law to maintain the privacy of the parties
- Represented numerous airline pilots in divorces that involved complex child possession issues as well as complex property issues with regards to airline retirement benefits, stock and flight schedules
- Prepared same-sex cohabitation agreements and same-sex dissolution agreements
- Completed multiple step-child and open adoptions
- Assisted with surrogacy agreement drafting for a couple who was unable to conceive traditionally
- Independently-managed two family law appeals, one of which included oral argument before the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas (2008 - present)
- Member & Committee Chair, Annette Stewart Inn of Court (2006 - present)
- Member & Committee Chair, Curt B. Henderson Inn of Court (2011 - present)
- Member, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member, Collaborative Law Institute of Texas
- Founding Member and Director, Collaborative Professionals of Dallas
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- Contributor to the Texas Young Lawyer's Association's 2011 public service announcement, "The Little Voice," a full production funded by the Bar to raise public awareness of child abuse and the need to report instances of same
- Regular volunteer with the Dallas Bar Association's "Legal Lines" pro bono legal service
- Regularly accept pro bono appointments from the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP)
- Member, Watermark Community Church - Dallas, Texas
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly (2010-2018)
- Recognized in the Up-And-Coming 100 list by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers magazines (2017)
- Named "Top Young Lawyers in Texas" by Thompson-Reuters (2010 - 2012)