1300 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056
1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600
Dallas, TX 75201
Darin Brooks concentrates on litigation defense and insurance coverage, representing companies and individuals in a variety of industries, including insurance, publishing, energy, banking, franchises, manufacturing, retail, and accounting. Darin has represented clients in a large variety of litigation, including personal injury, insurance, commercial, energy, products liability, premises liability, employment disputes, and appellate. He has tried cases in federal court, state court, and before arbitration panels.
Darin received his J.D. from the Baylor University School of Law, and attended Baylor University for his undergraduate education.
- Represent an insurance carrier in a major coverage dispute concerning the scope of an additional insured endorsement and hazard exclusion
- Developed a discovery program for, and represents, a major energy company in all non-party discovery matters
- Headed up a team for an international client that developed a data mapping, data collection, and data retention plan, and oversaw harvesting and processing of documents for a U.S. litigation matter
- Represent a major energy company in several pieces of litigation and arbitration matters re: an offshore construction dispute that has involved implementation of an extensive data collection plan
- Represent a major company in a contract dispute that involves implementation of a large data collection plan
- Represented a major energy company in a large commercial matter that involved development and implementation of an electronic discovery plan to collect and harvest large quantities of data
- Defended a bank against claims of fraud and misrepresentation involving a participation loan
- Defended an Internet domain name broker in a case involving Lanham Act and related claims over the registration of a domain name
- Defended a Fortune 500 company in a multiple fatality accident at a shipyard
- Defended a Fortune 500 company in a products liability/personal injury case involving an accident at the Houston Ship Channel
- Represented an owner of a natural gas pipeline as part of an eight-lawyer team in a dispute with its former partner
- Defended an insured in a personal injury lawsuit involving a rear-end collision
- Represented an insurance company in several nursing home cases which involved complex coverage analysis
- Represented a major energy company in a commercial arbitration involving breach of contract and contract interpretation issues
- Represent major energy companies and chemical companies in commercial disputes involving royalty interests and processing, transportation, and lease agreements
- Represent insurance companies in coverage matters in areas including commercial general liability, directors, officers, and company liability, errors and omissions, excess, fidelity bonds, and healthcare liability
Honors and Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Woodward/White, Inc.'s The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Commercial Litigation, 2016-2019.
- Named "Texas Rising Star," by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazines, 2006-2011.
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters business) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine, 2015-2018.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Litigation Section (2006 - 2007)
- Board of Directors, Dispute Resolution Center (2002 - 2007)
- Committee Co-Chair, Lawyers in Public Schools Committee (2003 - 2005)
- Houston Young Lawyer's Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation - Fellow
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Briefing Attorney for Honorable Adele Hedges, Texas Court of Appeals, First Judicial District (1996-1997)
- Judicial Intern for Honorable Alice Oliver-Parrott, Texas Court of Appeals, First Judicial District (1995)