Ethan M. Wood
1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600
Dallas, TX 75201
Ethan Wood is an associate at Gray Reed and focuses his practice on energy law. He has significant experience with natural resources law, lease and contract negotiations, title opinions, regulatory compliance, and environmental and surface use. He also has extensive knowledge and proficiency with oil and gas law in multiple jurisdictions, including Texas, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma.
Before starting his law practice, Ethan was an independent petroleum landman.
Ethan earned his B.A, summa cum laude, from Southern Methodist University and his J.D., cum laude, from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law.
- Prepared title opinions for lands in major resource plays (Barnett, Eaglebine, Eagle Ford, Haynesville, Marcellus, Permian, Utica, and Woodbine)
- Assisted in conducting due diligence for $685M Eagle Ford leasehold acquisition
- Drafted and negotiated Purchase and Sale Agreement for $1.7M Eagle Ford leasehold acquisition
- Negotiated oil and gas leases for mineral owners that increased clients’ bonuses, royalties, and protected the clients’ interests
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Young Professionals in Energy
- Dallas Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Fort Worth Association of Professional Landmen