Gayla C. Crain
1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600
Dallas, TX 75201
Gayla C. Crain has more than 40 years of experience in Labor and Employment Law and Litigation. Crain counsels and represents public and private employers, including non-profits, in a diverse range of industries from healthcare to manufacturing. Her extensive experience before federal and state courts, administrative agencies and arbitration tribunals includes complex employment and business litigation disputes. She is experienced in multi-plaintiff and class actions and injunction proceedings and in resolving disputes short of litigation. She often conducts internal investigations and presents supervisory training for clients on discrimination issues including sexual harassment.
In 2008, Crain co-founded a certified women-owned law firm in Texas, known as Crain Wilson, pllc, which was selected as one of the top ranked law firms in the United States by Martindale-Hubbell® in 2014. Only 2,446 firms have achieved this ranking.
Characterized by many clients as a “warrior” on their behalf, Crain is regarded for her energetic, practical approach grounded in a thorough understanding of her clients’ businesses. She is a frequent speaker and author on labor and employment law.
- Counsel and litigation in employment-related matters including age, race, national origin, disability and sex discrimination charges, and sexual harassment claims, wrongful termination suits, defamation actions, family leave issues, employee benefits, health and safety matters, affirmative action issues for government contractors and wage-hour disputes
- Representation pertaining to misappropriation of trade secrets, non-competition matters, managed care litigation, contract disputes, and qui tam litigation
- Advice and representation pertaining to Sarbanes-Oxley issues and numerous state whistleblower statutes, partnership and shareholder relations
- Preparing and arguing appeals before both federal and state appellate courts
- Frequent speaker on labor and employment issues
- Frequently trains executives and managers on compliance issues related to labor and employment law
Awards & Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in Woodward/White, Inc.'s The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Employment Law Management and Labor & Employment Litigation, 2015 – 2019.
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters business) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazines, 2006-2018.
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation