1300 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056
Jason Duke works in the Houston energy section of Gray Reed & McGraw where his practice focuses on energy law. As a landman for six years, he has a vast amount of experience in the oil and gas industry. He has worked with clients from leasehold acquisition to divestiture, including drafting of runsheets, title reports, curative instruments, and other documents as necessary. He also has experience working in-house with clients on various projects, including division of interest maintenance and expert witness work.
He earned his undergraduate degree from University of Houston and his law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston.
- Represent oil and gas companies in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of producing and non-producing oil and gas assets.
- Prepare original drilling title opinions, division order title opinions, and supplemental drilling and division order title opinions.
- Examine documents recorded with county clerks and the general land office for the preparation of drilling, division order, and acquisition title opinions covering fee, federal, and state lands.
- Review purchase and sale agreements, joint operating agreements, pooling and unitization agreements, deeds, assignments, and other agreements related to exploration and development.
- Research and advise clients on various issues associated with the exploration and development of oil and gas.
- Draft curative oil and gas title documents, including stipulation of interest.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas, member
- Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, member