Katie R. English
1300 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056
Board Certified in Oil, Gas & Mineral Law, Katie English is an associate in the Energy section. Her practice focuses on oil and gas title and transactional matters in Texas, North Dakota and Montana.
Katie received her B.A. from the University of Texas and graduated with honors from University of Texas School of Law in 2010 where she was a staff editor for the Texas Journal of Oil, Gas & Energy Law. She is also a member of Gray Reed’s Pro Bono Committee.
- Oil, Gas & Mineral Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Prepare drilling and division order title opinions for active operators
- Examine documents recorded with county clerks and the general land office for the preparation of drilling, division order, and acquisition title opinions covering fee, federal, and state lands. Review leases, deeds, pipeline rights-of-way, district court lawsuits and probate files
- Review purchase and sale agreements and assignments
- Examine financing and security agreements for loans secured by oil, gas and mineral leases and overriding royalty interests
- Review pooling and unitization agreements and assignments of working interests and overriding royalty interests
- ExxonMobil Legal Department (2010 - 2011)
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of North Dakota
- State Bar of Montana
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Women's Energy Network
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Gray Reed Pro Bono Committee
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- Casa de Esperanza de los Ninos