Laura E. Brandt
1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600
Dallas, TX 75201
Laura Brandt focuses her legal practice on civil litigation and white collar defense. Laura has extensive experience representing highly visible clients in high-stakes litigation in wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury cases, where she has obtained numerous favorable settlements and verdicts for her clients. Her experience includes interviewing and deposing fact witnesses, preparing and deposing expert witnesses, drafting and arguing dispositive and pretrial motions, and defending cases at trial.
Laura earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, where she served as Lead Articles Editor for SMU Law Review. She earned a Bachelor of Journalism, summa cum laude, from the University of Missouri.
- Successfully defended a company and its employee against gross negligence claims during a two-week jury trial involving allegations that the employee was using a cell phone while operating a tractor-trailer.
- Defended a national corporation in a high-exposure motor vehicle case involving a traumatic brain injury and millions of dollars in claimed damages. Served as an integral part of the trial team that settled the matter favorable for the client a few weeks before trial.
- Served as second-chair in a jury trial in a personal injury lawsuit that resulted in a favorable verdict for the client, despite the client admitting liability. Out of five plaintiffs, two were struck prior to trial, two were awarded no damages, and one was awarded less than one-tenth of claimed medical expenses.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of client in federal court based on res judicata principles. Laura was responsible for drafting the motion for summary judgment.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- State Bar of Texas