Mary S. Axelrad
1300 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056
Mary Axelrad focuses her legal practice on financial services and real estate. She regularly represents commercial lenders in complex transactions including asset based, real estate secured and lines of credit. Mary's expertise also includes restructuring and workouts.
Within her real estate practice, Mary regularly advises on the legal intricacies concerning acquisitions, dispositions, lease negotiations, landlord-tenant relations, construction, multifamily projects, boundary disputes and more. Her clientele includes financial institutions (local, regional and national), private lenders, developers, investors, corporations, non-profit entities and high net-worth individuals.
Mary is an active member of the nominating committee for the Texas Bar Foundation and frequently lectures at or chairs continuing legal education seminars sponsored by the State Bar of Texas. She previously served on the board of directors for CREW Houston (Commercial Real Estate Women) and has twice served on the board of directors for the Texas Association of Bank Counsel.
Mary earned her J.D. from the South Texas College of Law Houston, and attended The Colorado College for her undergraduate education.
- Representation of commercial lenders in complex asset based and real estate transactions.
- Representation of lenders in connection with foreclosures of both real and personal property.
- Representation of landlord in connection with the foreclosure of contractual landlord liens.
- Representation of a developer in the acquisition and subsequent development of several hundred acres in Galveston County.
- Representation of purchaser in connection with purchase of multi-family properties in multiple counties.
- Representation of a developer in connection with the drafting of Declarations of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for commercial development.
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Foundation, Continuing Life Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Member, Professional Ethics Committee of the State Bar of Texas
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
- Board of Directors, The Women’s Home
- Board of Trustees, The Women’s Resource of Greater Houston
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in Woodward/White, Inc.'s The Best Lawyers in America in the fields of Real Estate Law and Banking & Finance Law (2012 – 2018)