Mauri Whitacre Hinterlong
1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600
Dallas, TX 75201
Mauri Whitacre-Hinterlong is a staff attorney at Gray Reed and focuses her practice on energy law. She has extensive experience with title opinions, along with commercial real estate as it pertains to the acquisition and divestiture of commercial properties.
Mauri earned her B.A. in political science and history from Vanderbilt University and her J.D. from Marquette University Law School.
- Closed multiple $45MM transactions in the DFW area.
- Represented seller of retail and commercial space in Oklahoma in $1.5MM transaction negotiated, completed, and closed in 12 days.
- Represented purchaser of real property during a 1031 Exchange in Sulphur Springs, Texas.
- Represented purchaser in multi-parcel raw land acquisition in Florida, including identifying complex easement abandonment issues and designing creative solution to allow for particular development plans to move forward.
- Drafted and filed corrective instruments in West Texas amending overrides in a held-by-production unit of 320 net mineral acres with 16 different owners in three different depths.
- Represented Fortune 500 exploration and production company in respect to drafting 145+ opinions showing ownership of mineral title and advising clients on curative steps to clear title on mineral ownership.
- Prepared curative oil and gas title documents including corrections of assignments and stipulations of interest for Fortune 500 production company client.
- Represented various clients in oil, gas and energy related industries advising in ownership, rights and remedies regarding mineral and royalty reservations, strip and gore doctrine regarding public roadways and highways, pooling provisions and regulations, ownership of estate and intestacy heirship of mineral interests, curative requirements, deed construction, fractured ownership and lien encumbrance.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section
- Attorneys Serving the Community
- Ursuline Professional Women's Network
Community Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Junior League of Dallas
- St. Rita Catholic Community
- Chi Omega Alumnae of Dallas
- Vanderbilt CoRPs
- Vanderbilt Alumni Association, Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter
- Daughters of the American Revolution