Meagan W. Glover
1300 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056
Meagan Glover represents clients in commercial litigation matters before state, federal, and appellate courts with an emphasis on oil and gas litigation and business disputes. Her clients range from family-owned businesses to Fortune 500 companies spanning the energy, healthcare, insurance, construction, and finance industries.
In addition, Meagan has defended employers against workplace misconduct claims in litigation and during EEOC investigations involving allegations of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and hostile work environment. She has also represented insurers in coverage disputes and declaratory judgment actions involving the duty to defend and indemnify under professional, excess, and D&O liability policies.
Before entering private practice, Meagan had the privilege to serve two years as a law clerk for Judge Lynn N. Hughes of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. During her clerkship, Meagan learned how complex cases are evaluated from behind the bench and how to prepare winning written arguments. Because many of Meagan’s cases are in federal court, clients benefit from her strong familiarity with the federal procedures and ability to focus the court’s attention on the most important issues when drafting dispositive motions and appeals.
- Obtained full summary judgment on behalf of Fortune 500 energy company in case involving claims for breach of a farmout agreement and royalty disputes.
- Drafted summary judgment and appellate briefing on behalf of Fortune 500 energy company in case involving claims for breach of a farmout agreement, resulting in the First Court of Appeals affirming the trial court’s judgment in an opinion holding a force majeure clause’s “catchall” provision does not include foreseeable events like a market downturn. TEC Olmos, LLC v. ConocoPhillips Co., 01-16-00579-CV, 2018 WL 2437449 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] May 31, 2018, no pet. h.).
- Obtained full summary judgment on behalf of healthcare plan in case involving claims for breach of services agreement, fraud, and tortious interference brought by former provider.
- Obtained full summary judgment on all claims against large manufacturer in products liability case involving claims of manufacturing defect and failure to warn.
- Drafted briefing to the Eleventh Circuit on behalf of Fortune 500 energy company in case involving breach of a branded marketer agreement, resulting in the circuit affirming the trial court’s judgment.
- Successfully defended patent holder of drilling products in numerous venue disputes and drafted briefing to the Federal Circuit, resulting in the circuit affirming the trial court’s orders and denying mandamus.
- Advised hospital and health plan on various pre-litigation matters and regulatory obligations.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer in silica malpractice coverage dispute, resulting in final judgment that carrier had no duty to defend.
- Successfully defended private correctional facility in civil rights action and drafted briefing to the Fifth Circuit, resulting in the circuit affirming the trial court’s denial of injunctive relief.
- Obtained full dismissal on behalf of global pharmaceutical manufacturer in complex multiparty action brought under the Antiterrorism Act.
- Obtained full dismissal on behalf of oilfield service provider in products liability action involving offshore gas well blowout.
- Successfully defended publicly traded manufacturer in numerous wrongful death and personal injury cases involving products liability claims.
- Obtained full dismissal on behalf of national financial institution in case involving allegations of fraud.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of hospital in case involving claims for discrimination, retaliation, and hostile work environment.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of oilfield service provider in case involving claims for breach of contract brought by operator and working interest owner.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of hospital in premises liability action.
- Judge Lynn N. Hughes, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Association of Women Attorneys Foundation, Fellowship Committee
- Houston Bar Association, Law Week Committee
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Adopt-an-Angel Committee (2015, 2017)
- Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, Fellow
- Association of Women Attorneys
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Community Involvement, Memberships, and Affiliations
- Vita-Living, Inc.
- World Affairs Council of Houston
- First Presbyterian Church
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Houston Journal of International Law, Head Articles Editor and Advisory Board
- Arreola Writing Award for Outstanding Paper in International Law
- Moot Court Team, Brief Writer, Vis International Commercial Arbitration Competition
- Research Scholar, American Arbitration Association