Michael E. Gillman
1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600
Dallas, TX 75201
Michael Gillman is section head of the firm’s Real Estate Section.
Michael has extensive experience in real estate, lending and corporate/transactional matters. Michael's practice includes representing developers and lenders in commercial and residential related real estate transactions. These matters include commercial, industrial and multi-family purchases, sales, and developments, including the acquisition, development, construction and sale of single-family subdivisions. Such representation includes handling ownership structuring and project finance matters. Michael’s multi-family experience includes dealing with CMBS and defeasance issues. Michael's representation of lenders includes financial institutions, hedge funds, private equity groups, energy funds and mortgage lenders, including handling interim construction loans, acquisition and development loans, permanent financings, asset based loans and energy related lending. Michael also represents both creditors and debtors in connection with loan foreclosures, loan workouts and restructuring. Michael's general business practice includes representation of local and national clients, from small and medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies, in complex contract negotiations, stock and asset purchases, formation of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, general business counseling and strategic planning.
- Representation of a developer in connection with a 3,800 acre single-family development, including land acquisition, development district issues, multiple phase infrastructure financing, and lot takedown contract and utility franchise agreement negotiations.
- Representation of a developer for the acquisition and construction of multi-family developments throughout United States, including interim construction loans and HUD financings in excess of $30 million per development.
- Representation of hotel owners in connection with acquisition and development of major chain hotel projects throughout the United States.
- Representation of hospitals in connection with acquisition and construction of hospital facilities and related medical office buildings, and related credit facilities up to $125 million.
- Representation of lender in connection with $180 million financing of gas storage facility.
- Representation of lenders in connection with hotel acquisition and development.
- Representation of lenders in connection with acquisition and construction of office and retail properties.
- Representation of hard money lenders in connection with single family investment properties.
- Representation of owners of a major downtown Houston office building/retail development in connection with a loan workout in excess of $100 million.
- Representation of investors in the acquisition of banking facilities and related ground lease issues.
- Representation of lender in connection with $50 million loan to charter schools for financing of construction and operation of schools.
- Over 23 years of ongoing representation of the world’s leading waste and environmental service provider in connection with municipal, commercial and industrial contract negotiations and real estate transactions.
- Representation of private equity group in connection with $525 million acquisition/refinance of various power plants.
- Representation of private equity fund in connection with $750 million financing for development of a mobile broadband provider system.
- Representation of a seller in connection with $24 million sale of a radio station and transmission tower.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Dallas Bar Association.
- Dallas Bar Real Estate Discussion Group.