Russell E. Jumper
1601 Elm Street, Suite 4600
Dallas, TX 75201
Russell Jumper is the go-to lawyer for general contractors, sub-contractors and owners throughout Texas that need creative solutions for the day-to-day and big-picture problems that arise during sophisticated commercial construction projects. While his practice is primarily focused on finding efficient ways to resolve payment, lien, delay and defect disputes both in and out of the courtroom, Russell also develops dispute avoidance strategies and crafts master service and sub-contract agreements that help clients address issues proactively in an effort to prevent litigation altogether.
When Russell’s clients face challenges that go beyond everyday construction law – employee harassment or discrimination claims, corporate governance, succession planning or IRS audits – they quickly discover there’s no need to search elsewhere to find the ideal solution. Russell calls on the firm’s extensive resources to ensure each client’s broader business needs are served from top to bottom. Whether it involves simply connecting a client with the right lawyer within the firm or assembling a focused team of banking, insurance or other professionals capable of handling every aspect of a deal or dispute, Russell helps each client reach the best possible outcome no matter what issue arises.
Russell has experience protecting his clients at trial and in arbitration and enjoys helping them prevail when the stakes are high. But if their interests are better served outside the courtroom, Russell finds the path of least resistance to a cost-effective alternative solution. When emotions run high and opposing parties muddy the waters with aggressive tactics, Russell keeps clients calm and focused on making the best decision that not only resolves the dispute at hand, but also accounts for the financial and human impact far down the road. At the end of the day, Russell’s goal is for clients to feel that their business is better off as a result of the strategy they developed and pursued together.
- Successfully represented a Texas-based general contractor in arbitration against sub-contractor terminated for delayed performance and sub-contractor’s surety.
- Represented construction industry service provider against claims of negligence in the identification and marking of underground facilities.
- Defended roofing contractor against allegations that contractor’s improper roofing work caused water damage to customer’s property.
- Filed and prosecuted liens on behalf of clients.
- Successfully challenged improperly filed lien, resulting in sub-contractor’s withdrawal of lien.
- Secured judgment of more than $375,000 in favor of roofing contractor for amounts owed for work performed.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in copyright and trademark violation actions.
- Represented financial industry startup company against claims of fraud, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty asserted by potential investors.
- Secured temporary restraining order in favor of client against former vendor who withheld client’s confidential information upon termination.
- Represented business owner in dispute with partner, negotiated $1.4 million settlement.
- Successfully defended a former director of a corporation in $25 million breach of fiduciary duty lawsuit brought by the corporation. Russell argued and won a motion to dismiss, sparing the client the time, energy and expense of continued litigation.
- Regularly advises healthcare clients on a variety of litigation issues; including matters of improperly withheld insurance payments and enforcing non-compete agreements.
- Successfully represented surgery group against various insurers in pursuit of unpaid medical expenses.
- Obtained judgment of more than $700,000 in favor of physician client based on attempted purchase of a practice.
- Defended hospital entity against claims asserted by former shareholder.
- Represented a client in obtaining a temporary restraining order protecting the financial services company's confidential and trade secret information.
- Represented major auto dealership client in arbitration, resulting in a take-nothing judgment in favor of client from the arbitrator.
- Served as co-counsel on a case representing a company sued under California’s Proposition 65 and negotiated a full settlement of the claims against the client.
- Represented a company against a former employee who violated its non-compete agreement with the company.
General Business/Non-Litigation Matters
- Assisted clients in creating and converting various types of entities.
- Advised client with respect risks of contemplated business venture and options for addressing the risks.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
Community Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters company) as published in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers magazines (2014-2018)