1300 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056
Mary Mason represents and counsels clients in all matters related to the probate of wills, the administration of decedent’s estates, trust administration and guardianships of incapacitated individuals. She regularly represents executors, trustees and beneficiaries in will contests, will interpretation suits, trust modification/interpretation proceedings and accounting disputes. Mary also prosecutes and defends a variety of fiduciary claims.
Additionally, Mary advises clients with respect to their estate planning and drafts wills, trust agreements, powers of attorney and other ancillary estate planning documents. She routinely prepares federal estate and gift tax returns and handles related negotiations with the IRS.
- Board Certified in Estate Planning & Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Council Member, Houston Bar Association, Probate, Trusts & Estates Section, 2015-Present
- Planning Committee, State Bar of Texas, Intermediate Estate Planning and Probate Course, San Antonio, Texas, June 2016
- Planning Committee, State Bar of Texas, Intermediate Estate Planning and Probate Course, San Antonio, Texas, June 2014
- Planning Committee, State Bar of Texas, Intermediate Estate Planning and Probate Course, San Antonio, Texas, June 2013
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate
- Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association
- State Bar of Texas – Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Assistant Articles Editor, South Texas Law Review
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters business) as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazine (2016-2017)
Publications & Speeches
- Co-author, “POAs: Possibilities, Obstacles and Abuses II,” Houston Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association, February 2016
- Co-author, "Big Returns Using Low Interest Rates," Texas Lawyer, August 2014
- Co-Presenter, "Lost in Translation: How to Apply What You Heard Today to What You Do Everyday," Intermediate Estate Planning and Probate Course, San Antonio, Texas, June 2014
- Co-Author, "How to Handle the Legal Challenges of the 'Sandwich Generation'," Houston Business Journal - Online, August 2013
- Co-Author, "POAs: Possibilities, Obstacles and Abuses," Houston Bar Association 2012 Wills & Probate Institute, Fundamentals Course, February 2012
- Co-Author, "Non-Probate Assets," South Texas College of Law, Wills and Probate Institute, September 9-10, 2004